For a really long time, Messenger was an integrated part of Facebook. But a while back, Facebook decided to make Messenger a standalone app. Hence, even if you deactivate your Facebook account, you will still be able to use Messenger. But the thing is that there is no logout button available in the Messenger app like we get to see in the Facebook app. So the question is how to logout from Messenger?
In case, if you have a similar question in your mind, then I am here to help you out. In this article, I will be talking about ways you can follow to logout from Messenger on your Android, iOS, and Desktop devices. So here we go:
How to logout from Messenger?
Logout Messenger From Android
The best part of Android is that logging out of Messenger is easier than logging out from iOS. Thanks to the app settings that we get on Android. And in this article, I will be talking about steps that do not even require you to log in to your Facebook app. So go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom and go to the Apps menu.
- Then scroll through the apps menu and go to Messenger.
- Next, tap on the storage menu.
- In the end, tap on the clear storage button, and you are all done.
By following these steps, you will be able to logout from Messenger. Now go to the Messenger app and check if the steps did work for you or not.
How To Log Out from Messenger on Your iOS or Android Device using the Facebook App?
In case, if you are an iOS user, then the above methods are not going to work for you on your iPhone or iPad. Although, you can access the messenger app from the settings of your iOS devices. But it does not work the same way as on Android.
Instead, the only option you have to logout from the messenger app is to use the official Facebook app. Just in case if you only use Facebook messenger and not the Facebook app. Then I would suggest you to install the app at first.
- First of all, launch the Facebook app from your iOS Device.
- Then go to the menu option (the hamburger icon which is located at the bottom of your screen).
- From the menu, scroll down to the bottom and go to the Settings Privacy and then Settings.
- Now tap on Security and Login.
- Now from the Where You’re Logged In section, you will find a list of all the devices connected to your Facebook account along with their locations. In case, if you do not get to see your device name with the messenger, then you will need to tap on See More to load more devices where you are logged in.
- Next, tap on the three dots located beside the device name. Then tap on the log out button, and the listing will get disappeared. Plus, you will be logged out of your Messenger account.
- Open the app to confirm the action, and you are all done.
Logout from Messenger on Your iOS or Android Device from Desktop
If you do not want to go through the hassle of downloading the app. Or going to the Facebook app at all. Then there is the Facebook.com website available for you. You can simply log in to your Facebook account through a web browser on your Desktop or mobile phone (Desktop is recommended). And from there, you will be able to logout of your Account. For this, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, you will need to visit Facebook.com through a web browser and log in to your account.
- Now from the Facebook home page, click on the down arrow located in the top right corner. And from there, select Settings.
- From the settings, go to the Security and Login option.
- Now you will find a list of all the devices. Simply click on the three dots located beside the listing and select logout.
- That is it. Once, you are done with all these steps, Messenger will be logged out of your Account.
So that was all for your question, How to logout from Messenger. Now go ahead and try these steps out and see if they are working for you or not. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below.