Windows 10 remove Microsoft Account: Windows 10 allows you to sign in to your PC using your Microsoft account. This way, you will not just be able to secure your PC. As well as you will be able to use other Windows 10 features seamlessly. Such as, you can use the inbuilt mail app in Windows 10, download apps from the Windows Store, and so on.
But what if you no longer wish to use your Microsoft Account on your Windows 10 PC. Then the question is How To Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10?
In this case, you have two options. Either, you move back to the local account. Or you can remove it from Windows Sign option. However, to help you out, I will be talking about 3 options which will help you with Windows 10 remove Microsoft Account.
But before I go ahead and tell you about them, you must know the fact that you cannot delete Microsoft account from your PC while you singed into it. So at first, you have to create an alternative login with a local account. Then remove the Microsoft account from Windows 10. So at first, let’s talk about how to create a local account on Windows 10:
How to Create a Local Account on Windows 10?
- At first, click on the start menu.
- Then from the top, click on your User Account Name and select the “Change Account Settings” option.
- Now from the settings page, go to the Family & Other Users.
- Next, click on the Add someone else to this PC option.
- Now a “How will this person sign in” window will open up, from here click on the “I don’t have this ‘person’s sign-in information” option.
- Next, from the Let’s Create Your Account window, select the “Add a user without a Microsoft Account” option.
- After that, enter new account details and follow all the screen instructions.
Once done, sign out from your current account and login to the new account that you have just created. And follow the below steps to delete your Microsoft account from the Windows 10.
Windows 10 remove Microsoft Account
1. Use Control Panel To Remove Microsoft Account From Windows 10
- First of all, press Windows key + R button to bring up the WinX menu. Or you can right-click on Windows key and go to Control Panel.
- Now from the control panel, click on the Category drop-down menu and select Large icons.
- Go to User Accounts.
- Click on the “Manage Another Account” option.’
- Then you will find a list of all the activated accounts on your Computer. Click on the account you wish to delete.
- Then from the next window, click on “Delete the account”.
- After that, Windows will ask you if you wish to keep the files related to the account or not. If you want to keep the files, all your personal files will be kept as it is. Or it will delete all the files along with the account.
2. Use Netplwiz to Delete Microsoft Account
- At first press Windows key + R keys together to open the run dialog.
- Over here, type down “netplwiz” and hit the enter button.
- It will bring up the User Accounts Window.
- If you have auto login enabled, then you will need to place a check on “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” box.
- After that, select your Microsoft Account you wish to remove.
- Then hit the remove button, and it will ask you to confirm your account. Simply click on the yes button, and you will be able to remove Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC.
3. Remove Microsoft Account From Settings App
- At first, open the Settings app by click on the start menu and then go to Settings.
- From the settings menu, click on Accounts options.
- Now select, Family and Other Users from the left menu.
- Over here, you will get to see your Account. Simply click on the Account you wish to delete.
- Click on the remove button.
- Next, you will find a confirmation message, from here click on the “Delete account and data” button to delete your Account and you are all done.
So by following all these methods and steps, you will easily be able to get done with windows 10 remove Microsoft account. So go ahead and check these steps out and see how they are working for you.