Getting the Fortnite an unexpected error occurred issue? If yes, then I am here to help you out. Fortnite is one of the most popular video game available in today’s time. And there is no doubt that people are going crazy about it. However, the thing with the game is that it often meets with new errors.
And one such error is the Fortnite an unexpected error occurred. This error usually happens the Xbox gaming consoles. And the good part is that fixing the error is not as hard as it seems.
How to Fix Fortnite An unexpected Error Occurred Issue?
There are two ways to fix the error. So let me just go ahead and talk about them one by one:
Method 1: Log Out Of Your Account
The error usually appears because when it fails to log in to your account. So logging out of your account can possibly fix the error. To log out of your Fortnite account, do follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to log out of your Fortnite account. So simply do that.
- After that, you have to close Fortnite completely by pressing start and then quit the game.
- Then relaunch Fortnite again without logging in to your account.
- Next, it will get asked to use your account which you used to purchase or download the game.
- Simply log in to your account and by now Fortnite should be working back again.
Method 2: Log Out Of Your Account
Just in case the above steps did not work for you. Then the last thing that you can do is reinstall Fortnite on your gaming console. For this, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, from the Xbox home screen, press the Xbox button to bring up the dashboard.
- Then go to My Games and Apps. This will bring all the games and apps installed on your console.
- Next, you have to select Fortnite.
- Then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Then go to the Manage Game option from the popup menu.
- Lastly hit the Uninstall Now button and you are good to go.
- Once you are done reinstalling the game, go to the Xbox store and download the game again. And hopefully, it will fix the error.
So that was all for the Fortnite an unexpected error occurred issue. Although, these steps do not guarantee of fixing the issue. But yes, there is nothing wrong in trying. So go ahead and try the steps and see how they are working for you. Also, for any questions do comment below.