There are times when we try to send or receive any file in the Outlook application. And the very next moment we encounter with the “Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed” Error.
In case if you are getting the same and wondering what went wrong and how can you fix it. Then let me help you with the guide.
Basically, the Error occurs if the Outlook profile is corrupted or after transferring the Outlook .PST file to another location on your disk to another computer.
However, no matter what wrong with you, there is a simple solution which you can follow to fix the outlook data file cannot be accessed. So here we go:
How to Fix Sending reported Error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed” Error?
Create a New Profile
One of the first things that you can do is create a new profile. As I have mentioned before that this error usually happens because of a corrupt profile. To create a new profile, you can follow these steps:
- At first launch Control panel and from there select Mail.
- Then open the Mail option and click on Show Profiles.
- Now click on Add to create a new profile. Then follow all the screen instructions and create the account.
- After that, follow the “Auto Account Setup” to add the account to your profile.
- Also, in case if you are using POP3 after the account is added, you will have to place a tick on Change Account Setup, then click Next. This will allow you to use your old pst file.
- Now you will have to select your old .PST file and exit all the dialogs.
- Also, before you close the Mail dialog, make sure to delete the old profile or select the new profile in Always use this profile.
- Finally, restart your computer and see if you are still getting the outlook data file cannot be accessed or not.
Without Creating A New File
In case if you have quite a lot of email accounts and do not wish to create a new profile. Then there is another thing which you can try out. To get started with this method, you can go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the File, Account Settings.
- Then click on Change Folder
- After that, click on “New Outlook Data File” and create a data file to use temporarily.
- Now enter the name for the data file for example Test, New File, or anything that you like.
- Then click on, OK.
- Now you will have to expand the subfolder that you have just created and select Inbox.
- Then click on the OK button to close the dialog and return to the account settings.
- Then click on Change Folder again.
- Now you will have to reselect your data file and expand the subfolders and select Inbox. Then click on the button to close the dialog.
- Close the Account Settings dialog.
By now, the outlook data file cannot be accessed error should be fixed. In case if it does not, then the best option for you would be to create a new profile only. As that is the only solution.