Taking a screenshot of an image is common, but taking a screenshot of your iPhone screen is pretty intriguing. This is simply a two button gesture on your iPhone that would grab the image of the current screen and store in your phone’s gallery. But recording video of your screen is an uncommon gesture and unknown to many people. Technology has made it easy to capture screen records on iPhone. After recording, you can use this video to share via different applicants and others. Also, you can upload the video through any application you want. Check How to record screen on iPhone below.
The prerequisites for recording the screen are that you have to enable the feature and for the same, you have to add it in your control list. The process of recording might vary slightly depending on the version of the iPhone that you are using. So, make sure that you use the right steps to record the video easily. The following part of the article would take you through a detailed guide of recording video on your iPhone.
How to Record Screen on iPhone – Detailed Guide:
Before you record anything that goes on the screen of your iPhone, you have to know how to turn on the ability to record your phone’s screen. Some easy steps are mentioned in the following part of the article.
- First, you have to tap the ‘settings’ option and then click on the ‘control center.’ Following this, you have to click on ‘customize controls’ option.
- Now, you have to find ‘screen recording’ option. If it is yet to include in the list given, you have to tap on the green sign in order to include the option.
- Here, you can rearrange the list of control center according to your wish. You can put the option of screen recording at the top side of the screen.
However, after recording using the option, you can tap on the minus button to hide the option.
Steps to Record your Screen:
- First, you have to go to the screen which you wish to record.
- To get access to the control center, you have to swipe up from the bottom of the home screen of your phone. In case, you are using phone models such as iPhone X or later versions or iPad with iOS 12 or others, you have to swipe down from the upper right part of your phone to get access to control center.
- Now, you have to tap the record button that would instantly record the screen after three seconds.
- As the record button turns red, it would start recording and would continue to do so even if you have closed the control center. The time of recording would be shown in the upper left corner of your phone’s screen.
- In order to stop recording, you can click on the time indicator which comes up on the left corner of the screen.
How Can you edit your Recording?
The recorded file will be saved in your camera roll. To watch it, you have to view it using the Photos app, and it would come in the top. To give a professional touch to your video, you can easily trim the starting and end of your video. This way, you can edit the video and again save it as a new video clip. However, this subtle change in the original video will retain both the original and edited version of the video in your phone. So, you can use both the original and edited version of the video according to your wish. Editing the screen recording clip is simple and similar to editing an image. Below the screen recording, there is a slider bar with toggle bars at each end. With this toggle bar, you can edit the photo in detail. After you are done editing, you have to click on the ‘done’ option.
What do you understand by a QuickTime player?
This option comes with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite with which you are advised to record iPhone or iPad screen. The prerequisite for the same is given below.
- An iOS device with iOS 8 or later as an operating system
- A Mac device running on OS X Yosemite or later versions
- A lightning cable that comes with an iOS device.
Steps to connect with the above-said player
- First, connect iPhone or iPad with Mac using the lightning cable
- After this, you have to open QuickTime Player and click on ‘New Movie Recording’ option from the File menu.
- Now a recording window will pop up from which you have to access option from the drop-down list. You have to click on the iPhone or iPad option.
- After this, you have to connect Mic of iPhone if you wish to record the sound of the video.
- You have to click on the record button, and after it has been recorded, you have to click on the stop button.
Benefits of Using Screen Recording:
- Save video calls and conferences
Screen recording is useful to save any online streaming videos. It helps in saving and recording video calls. But you may not be able to use these features in some video calling applications such as Google hangouts and others. You can save both personal and business calls and save it for future use. With this, the video recording features can be considered as a useful one.
- Record bugs and issues for resolving technical faults
When struggling to describe actual technical faults, the screen record of the technical issue would help. If unable to describe it in words, the captured image would say it all. However, after recording the image, you can upload it or share a link as necessary.
Summing it up:
There are some applications that might change the way screen recording works. By knowing the correct steps of recording screen on your gadget, it would be easy for you. Follow the correct steps to enable screen recording option in your iPhone or iPad device easily.