How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently?
- In order to delete Instagram account on a permanent note, you have to log in to your account first. Make sure that you login to your account using the web version of your account and not using the application.
- Following this, you would be asked the reason for deleting the account. Therefore, you have to choose the reason for deleting your account from the options available in the drop-down list. Try to choose a relevant one so that you can easily delete the Instagram account.
- After selecting the reason, you have to enter your account password. Following this, you have to click on ‘permanently delete your account’ option.
- To continue with account deleting process, you again have to enter your password in the given space.
- Soon after this, when you press on the delete button, instantly, your photos, data, likes, comments and other information relating to Instagram account would be deleted.
However, if you wish to sign in with the same username in the future, you will not be able to do so. In such a case, you have to create another username to get access to Instagram.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently using the Instagram Application?
- Firstly, you have to log in to the Instagram account so that you are directed to the homepage of the application.
- To get access to your profile page, you have to click on your profile picture which you can find from the bottom right corner of the homepage.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you can to see three horizontal bars. With the help of this, you can get access to the settings options available on Instagram.
- Now, in the settings page, scroll down to get the option ‘Instagram help center.’ It is present at the bottom of the page.
- Following this option, you have to click on ‘managing your account’ option. You would get this option at the top of the page.
- Now, you have to click on ‘delete your account’ option.
- From this, you have to click on ‘How to delete an account?’ option. Upon clicking this option, the page will provide more information.
- Now, you can click on the delete option that is highlighted in blue.
- After this, with correct login credentials, log in to your account.
- Now, you have to choose the reason why you wish to delete the Instagram account.
- After entering the reason, you will again be asked to enter your password to confirm that you wish to delete your account.
- Now, a pop-up would show up that would confirm whether you wish to delete your account permanently or not.
- After you click on ‘OK’, your account would be deleted permanently.
- Content information –All your comments, photos, likes and other posted content in the Instagram account.
- Basic profile details – Details like phone number, username, password, and name along with email details are taken by Instagram.
- Contact details – Instagram would get access to your contact list if you are using the ‘Find Friends’ option. Through this, Instagram gets to know about users who are present in other social media platforms.
- Communication details – For any service information or account notice, if communication takes place between you and Instagram, it gets access to Instagram details.
- Information about the device – With the help of ‘device identifiers’, Instagram can get to know about the device through which you are using the application.
- App usage information – With the help of cookies, Instagram get to know how you are using the application.
What are the steps to temporarily disable Instagram account?
- First, you have to log in to the Instagram account. You should do this using the web version as you will not be able to do this using the application.
- After the web version of the application opens up, you have to click on the right corner of the page on the ‘My Profile’ icon.
- The page that comes up would give you the option to edit your profile.
- Now, at the bottom of your profile, you can click on ‘temporarily disable account’ option.
How Instagram use profile information?
After Instagram gets access to your profile details, It can use in different ways and some of them are detailed in the below part of the article.
- Sharing with third parties – Since Instagram works with some third party applications, the information that it gets from the users would be used by other parties as well.
- Means of advertising – In order to show your targeted market communication and promotion, it would use information that it has gathered from your profile.
- Product testing – For developing service and product, Instagram may use the data that it has collected from your profile.
- Personalize your experience – To give you the best experience of using Instagram, it helps you know other followers whom you can follow.