A hurricane is a very generic term which is given to a cyclone. The reason why hurricanes occur is that strong winds from the oceans or the seas, especially the warm tropical oceans, create very heavy rains on the mainland as well as the water bodies. When these winds reach a speed of 74mph or even higher, they are usually termed as hurricanes. Check Best Hurricane Tracker Apps below.
The season for the hurricanes usually begins between the months of June and November. This being said, It is also important to note that hurricanes can occur anytime, they’re always uncalled for.
Hurricanes always cause mishaps in the life of people. People lose their life, property, etc. Thus, it is always necessary to have an eye for the hurricanes that are prone to occur in the near future. This is even more necessary for the people who live on the coastline. Hence, to make things easier, there are various apps that can be downloaded on your smartphone, be it an android phone or an apple, its available to all!
Read More – How to Take a Screenshot on a Mac Computer
Some of the Best-Rated Hurricane Tracker Apps have been listed below:
- Storm Radar: You can get you personalized weather forecasts through this app on your hone. It deals with rains, storms, winds, and lots more. It gives the user the speed in which the wind is blowing outside, tornado updates, etc. it also updates the weather. It lets the user input his GPS location so that the weather can be tracked ‘real-time’. It also gives alerts for severe weather conditions, so that you can stay cautious and thus, safe. The top 3 feature of this app are:
- GPS weather map and the NOAA forecast: the user can easily view the images of the severe climate patterns through the phone.
- Future radar maps: it helps in predicting future weather conditions by analyzing the present weather conditions.
- Live severe weather alerts: one can stay safe when they use this app, as there are alerts from various weather channels that are given through this app.
- My Hurricane Tracker: This app is very detailed and comprehensive. It is one of the top apps for tracking cyclones, tornados, and many other things. It has the weather warnings that are readily available for a person to see when they open the app. It also has a very beautiful interface, this impresses the users even more. It’s very easy to understand and use the app. The key features of this app are:
- There’s a unique feature of the ‘interactive’ tracking maps, especially for the hurricanes.
- There’s an option for ‘historic search’. This enables the user to track storms from 1851, thus helps them to understand the trends of the bad climatic conditions.
- You can have an outlook on the weather conditions for the upcoming 5 days from the NOAA.
- NOAA Weather Radar: It ensures the user’s ‘real-time’ images at all times based on the specific location that has been chosen by the user. It is very precise, and this helps in keeping the user safe. It follows 2 steps, 1) keeps the user informed. This is done in various ways like showing the areas of rain and shine, snow, cloud cover in various areas, snow depth, etc. 2) keeps the user safe by providing the needful information. Gives alerts for bad weather, push notifications are available for tornadoes, hurricanes, freeze warnings, etc.
It also provides the sunrise and the sunset time along with a 24 hour and 7-day forecast.
- Ventusky: This app is unique in itself. It has a special feature wherein it combines the weather forecast of a particular location with the map. Thus, it shows considerable development in the weather in a very attractive way. This allows you to know in which direction the wind is blowing from, where the precipitation is going, etc. it is solely based on the meteorological data for various altitudes of the world. There are a few special features which make it unique from the rest of the apps:
- Wind animation: it displays the flowing of the wind in a very interesting and attractive way. It has streamlines that portray the ongoing development of the surrounding weather. Thus, it makes a very clear interconnection of all the various atmospheric phenomena.
- Weather forecasts: the weather forecast shows the weather pattern for the whole week. The first three days are shown in 1-hour steps, while the other days are shown on a 3-hour step basis. The is also an option to look upon the sunrise and the sunset for the upcoming days at a given place.
- Weather models: this app accurately corrects the data from numerous data models like the American GFS, HRRR models, etc. thus, it makes the reading of the weather forecasts very accurate, and leaves little or no space for errors to occur. This gives the user a feeling of trust over the app, and thus makes the user feels very safe.
- My Radar App: This app is very fast and very accurate. It displays the changes in the weather condition very quickly as it is capable of capturing and displaying the weather changes around very accurately. It gives you a glance on the changing weather conditions, it enables the users to zoom in and out of the maps. This enables the user to see accurately where the bad weather condition is. The additional features of this app include the push notifications, the high alerts for severe storms, hurricane and storm tracker, etc.
The need for being aware of the various changes in the weather conditions is very necessary for our day to day lives. It enables us to plan our work, and thus, work very efficiently. Hence, there is a screaming need for the various apps that can keep us updated with the conditions. If not for these apps, the people around the world, especially those who live in locations that are highly prone to natural calamities, face a lot of mishaps.